Thursday, March 30, 2006

Island life is Idyllic.

Hi Hi,

Island life is Idyllic.

Dictionary

idyllic |īˈdilik| |aɪˌdɪlɪk| |ɪˌdɪlɪk|
adjective
(esp. of a time or place) like an idyll; extremely happy, peaceful, or picturesque : an attractive hotel in an idyllic setting.
DERIVATIVES
idyllically |-ik(ə)lē| |aɪˌdɪlək(ə)li| adverb

Thesaurus

idyllic
adjective
the once idyllic islands are now subjected to martial law perfect, wonderful, blissful, halcyon, happy; ideal, idealized; heavenly, paradisal, Utopian, Elysian; peaceful, picturesque, bucolic, unspoiled; literary Arcadian.

I would not say that the island is perfect! The roads are far from it.
My life thou is blissful, happy, peaceful and picturesque.
I dont know if i am pleased with my new lifestyle, I certainly love it. I do miss busy times, certain work pressures, the environment and ability to succeed. You dont get much of any of that here! Near, just close or i missed is acceptable!
I do miss some parts of Bangkok, Sydney and New York, thou it is totally different. Here you can not ( really ) turn things on and off when you want - like New York or Bangkok. You do not get the beautiful and clean Sydney.
Yet for every positive there are negatives. I dont have to suffer fools, rude people, I get smiles every where.

I went to Bangkok last Saturday to collect "Patrick" "Rexxy" "Ginger" and "Spike"
It was a huge effort. I do not think i have filled out so much paper work or had to go through so much crap and bureaucracy in my life!
One sheet and a passport for a human to enter. I have almost 136 A4 pages of "stuff" that i had to file to get them.
My "Mates" arrived on a flight from Sydney via Melbourne at 6:30am. I arrived at 7am.
They were installed and delivered in a Thai Air Cargo area of the Airport.
I did not get to see, water, and clean their little airport flight creates till 10am.
My little "reunion" was well very exciting, Meows and Tears flowed.
We then all jumped on a flight to Samui at 2pm.
They are all happy as little monkeys up a coconut tree!
The staff of the owner of the houses absolutely adores them all.
Sleeping arrangements have been messy, yet Patrick (13 years old) has sorted out the pecking order and where we are all to sleep on the King size bed ( im in the middle!!!)

Nush my maid did not come over to Samui, and boy do I miss her! It was very big change for her and I. As you know she has a little girl 18 months old. It would have been difficult for her. I did not have the room for her to live with me, let alone wanted to have a young child around at this point in my life. Saying good-bye was very difficult, many tears from her. I think once I am settled I will ask her to come and look after me again. I Just need to sew some seeds here first.

I have started to prepare my Vegetable garden next to my house, "Moo" (female) who is in charge of all entire land that the owner lives on and we live on has been helping me. She speaks almost no English, yet i today discovered that she is a lesbian, and has girl friend in Bangkok. She loves the cats! And loves that i am "very different" to all the other people that she "supports and helps" Good to see that my landlord is an "Open" person - not that i have any one to "display"!

I think it is now time, that i have a routine in place to apply myself and write a book about life! My life I guess! I am not sure how it will go, or how good it will be to read.

It is Thursday night here. I am sitting doing my Emails, Listening to Elton John songs (very loudly) on shuffle with "Rexxy" at my back on the lounge, "Patrick" at my feet (purring very loudly) "Ginger" on my left Knee, and "Spike" fast fast asleep in his allocated position on my bed.

Life is Idyllic.

No comments: