Saturday, April 29, 2006

Schwan went MaD

Cat = English!
Katze = German!
Gato = Spanish!
Chat = French!
Gatto = Italian!
Kот = Russian!
Maa-oh = Thai!

Hey Hey Hey

(interesting stuff above for some) The Thai word for cat is just like the cat sounds "Meow" - but not so much eeeeee more mooooooew or OHHHHHHH! Maaooohhhhhhh.

Its a different and interesting place I am living now. Totally different to the world I was once part of in Bangkok. I have a very small living. Small amount of money each day to survive. I have a good business, my Guest House and Restaurant. It does ok. Not amazing money but i make a little bit more than ends meet. I eat well, I sleep well. I have now lost 27 Kilos. I dont know how I ever got to 126-kilos in weight. I must have been so big. Yet I made some pretty radical decisions in the past 24 months. I did sloth for a while in NYC, and Bangkok. Its hard when you get to a heavy size.

I now wake at 9-am each day from an amazing deep sleep, I go to work, start at 10-am - no hassle, not busy, do my check ins and check outs (with my little computer program) supervise lunch service then go to the top Hotel in Samui and go to the Gym! I do about 90 mins of gym over looking the beach and sea till 5pm. I always stop on my way home at the local Thai Tiny Restaurant for Dinner. My Friend the Cook "Nat" knows all my likes and dislikes. I ride on my Honda "Wave" Motor bike to and from work! Its an interesting change to my Mercedes C320. Yet I have some scares on my Knees, Calfs, Hands and Elbows. I have had some run in's with Dirt, Concrete, Sand and a too many sharp corners containing confidence!

I ironically walked across Cheweng beach Samui alone for a bloody long time today. I ended up at the head with large rocks....... I saw all these German Tourists stumbling over them.......... I giggled so much, I dont think I will ever forget walking the Bay of Fires in Tasmania with Sophie & Debbie. I was Such a Porky thing at 124 kilos! I made it thou! It was an amazing experience! I also finished a book on the bay of fires trip ( im not a great reader - I finished Kitchen Confidential ) I was very proud i did that too - apart from those fu..cke.n heavy back packs. geeezzes......

I have moved into this little 2 bedroom house within a tiny compound of several houses, in the coconut flat area off Bo-Put, not too far from Cheweng - Koh Samui (I know all the directions are Greek - but settle ....... ). My house is Brand New. The owner is just beautiful. He is Thai and inherited the land from his dad. He goes above and beyond what he needs or has to do. He has no issues with the cats joining me, or my music.... I of course push the Envelope in the volume dial......I am not sure he knows what a ampliphier is......... Touch Wood.

"Patrick, Rexxy, Ginger & Spike" (the Cats) arrive from Sydney next Saturday. A Long way for them, and that will be the final closure for them and for me in my 24 to 36 month exit extravaganza. They will have a little culture shock with the heat and so forth, but once adjusted they will be ok and happy. I am sure they are all looking forward to sleeping on my bed just like old times. ( with the air conditioner going in the back ground )

Life is different, always different, just the way i seem to always arrange and create it. I dont think I will ever settle down. My brain says yes, My actions differ. I am not sure why. I do become very frustrated when others are affected by my actions as my family, my cats, my previous staff. But alas I am me and my path seems to continue although with out a "UBD" or "SYD WORLD-WAYS" page number. I have no idea where my next stop is after this precariousness, Though i feel i will be on an island for some time.


love

Timothy
x

No comments: